Read Chrissy Like Chrissy on Facebook Follow Chrissy on Twitter Follow Chrissy's Pins Contact Chrissy

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Happy Places – Writing the Funny is FUN

funnysm Tonight I pulled in the driveway and sat outside with the interior light on jotting things into my notebook. I taught my Writing the Funny workshop tonight, and the second week proved even better than the first. So many ideas come roaring to life during classes and after-class discussions, I can’t get home fast enough (and it’s just a 5 minute drive) to get them down on paper. My group is just fantastic, and I’m having a blast.

Lou, the fearless leader of our program, came down the hall to my classroom at the end of the night to announce we’d been wonderfully disruptive. Everyone in the building could hear the shouts, laughter, and even spontaneous applause. He grinned at me and said “you must be doing something right.” To be honest, I know I can make people laugh, but a lot of the credit goes to my group. (I hesitate to call them students—they’re fellow warriors in the quest for the gut-buster.) Being around great people is such a gift, I almost feel guilty taking money for this job… almost. I will hate to end this session, and it will end far too soon.

0 comments ]:[ Add your comment:

Post a Comment