Read Chrissy Like Chrissy on Facebook Follow Chrissy on Twitter Follow Chrissy's Pins Contact Chrissy

Monday, September 17, 2007

Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness

September 22nd through the 29th is National Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Week. Pulmonary Fibrosis is a debilitating disease marked by progressive scarring of the lungs that gradually interferes with a person's ability to breathe. There is no cure, and currently there is NO FDA approved treatment. The disease is fatal, within 5 to 7 years of diagnosis. Approximately 128,000 people in the United States have IPF, and an estimated 48,000 new cases develop each year. You can learn more about PF at The Coalition for Pulmonary Fibrosis' website.

The Coalition for PF takes donations via check, credit card, even PayPal. You can donate by clicking the link below:

Please Donate!

3 comments ]:[ Add your comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't web for myself but I emailed the info. We are all praying for you Olie!

Jenster said...

Hey Chrissy! As you know, I posted this on my blog. I received an email from a woman - her name happens to be Chrissy, too - who's husband was diagnosed with IPF in 1999 at the age of 36.

Five years later his disease had been halted and he is doing very well now.

She thanked me and asked me to thank you for helping spread the word.

Just thought you'd like to know. :o)

Chrissy said...

Jen you totally rock. Many blessings on Chrissy and her husband.

It's been a long week all around!

I am so grateful to everyone who blogged/webbed/emailed.

HUGS

Post a Comment