Read Chrissy Like Chrissy on Facebook Follow Chrissy on Twitter Follow Chrissy's Pins Contact Chrissy

Monday, April 30, 2012

Drain the Ocean -- WHAT???

draintheoceanYou have to see this documentary. It's available on DVD, but can also be viewed free online (I found it in a few places on Google), and has been running on the National Geographic Channel.

 Narrated by Avery Brooks (of Spenser for Hire and Deep Space Nine fame), the documentary uses multiple technologies to remove the water from the ocean and explore. OK... back up... read that again...

THEY DRAIN THE OCEAN AND TINKER AROUND DOWN THERE.

 NASA, along with amazing actual underwater (with the water) footage, coupled with CGI and satellite technology and... and... well, everything. Like, all the bells and whistles you can imagine, take you on this astonishing tour of the ocean floor.

Weather makes more sense. The ecosystems suddenly feel incredibly important. Krill is my new concern. I'm worried about the Krill. I'm also utterly blown away by the elegance and beauty of a Vampire Octopus in motion.

You have to see this. Had I read the description, I would swear it would bore me to death. Luckily, I stumbled upon it flipping through channels, paused in a "DUDE, that's Sisko!" moment, and discovered the coolest thing I have seen on tv in ages. (Ok, it's tied with Game of Thrones, but it's a documentary. Extra points.)

0 comments ]:[ Add your comment:

Post a Comment