Read Chrissy Like Chrissy on Facebook Follow Chrissy on Twitter Follow Chrissy's Pins Contact Chrissy

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Who is Your Cheerleader?

spartans

Who is your cheerleader?  Everyone should have one.  I have a couple: Ahmed, my mom, my writing group (shout out to South Shore MA Writers!), many of my friends.  In this I am incredibly lucky. 

This week I spent a couple of days in Connecticut with some wonderful law enforcement and federal employees.  Ahmed came down with me just for a "fun getaway."  (Translation: free room service in a really swanky room and some peace.)  I had a hard time sleeping, so I spent a little time hammering away on my soon-to-be-lauded mystery thriller.  I've been trying not to become a complete spaz about this shift in my writing career, but frankly... I'm stoked.

Best part?  So are my cheerleaders.  Can I just tell you how amazing that feels?  Just a few days ago my mom asked "do you have any more written that I can read?"

Never happened before.  Blew me away.

Ahmed is, perhaps, the world's best cheerleader.  He even bribes me with treats.  If I complete 'X' word-count by 'Y' day, he'll buy me something cool, take me someplace awesome, or do something special.  I would feel guilty about it, since he is notorious for spoiling me rotten regardless of my written work... but I don't do guilt well, and honestly?

IT KICKS ASS!

So who shakes the pompoms for you?  If nobody does, lemme know.  I'll shake mine! :)

0 comments ]:[ Add your comment:

Post a Comment