Read Chrissy Like Chrissy on Facebook Follow Chrissy on Twitter Follow Chrissy's Pins Contact Chrissy

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Blog Nerds of the World, LINK!

So I'm wandering through Cambridge with my beloved and we spot one of those kiosk carts that never seem to be around for more than 3 days, because they are connected through a secret system of wormholes (or something like that). Anyway, this one was covered in BLOG stuff, so naturally I dragged poor Aji over.

Fellow bloggers... we have ARRIVED!

They had bumper stickers that said "I am sooo going to blog this" and T-shirts that said "BLOG NERD," "Hi, you're cute, wanna link blogs?" and "My Blog is Way Cooler than Your Blog."

It actually brought me to the surprising, yet warm conclusion, that people are tired of keeping it to themselves. We all want to be heard. It's nice to think that the diary is coming back. Email may not have done much for grammar or punctuation, but it DID get people interested in communicating on the written page once more. Blogging may not be top quality journalism or even good essay writing in all instances, but there is certainly some of both coming out of the blogosphere. And let's face it, good quality journalism is in rare supply in even the most read newspapers. The New York Times comes to mind. (Somebody call Bill O'Reilly!) Decent essays have fewer markets every year.

As for me and mine, we shall blog. We shall blog fiercely and passionately! Forward, into the blogosphere, my friends, and let us fill up the bandwidth with our thoughts and musings.

Or something like that. I think I read it on a t-shirt.

1 comments ]:[ Add your comment:

Night Diva Maria said...

Love the shirt sayings! I need a few! Thanks for "blogging" it! I'll have to get that book for Blogger, too!

Post a Comment